Momentum is building for wider adoption of shared medical appointments. This innovative idea has clear benefits to all stakeholders when done correctly and effectively.
The challenge is in:
- The selection of the best patient population and approach
- The precise execution so as to avoid common mistakes
Shared medical appointments fail when:
- Their benefits are not clearly communicated to providers and patients
- Sufficient census is not achieved
- The SMA team does not have the correct skills, training, or composition
- Certain key operational tenets are not followed and/or measured
- Too much customization to the model
Cambria Health will help you address each of these issues throughout the 90-day implementation. The interactions before, during and after the SMA create the entire patient experience. All of these affect whether someone is willing to try a SMA and what their perception is when they do.